As I have said in previous posts about how I began selling my first self-published novel, Battle of the Band, in 1996 WITH NO MONEY SPENT ON ADVERTISING, I was able to sell between 200 and 300 books within the first two years of its publishing and printing SOLELY by selling at the following:
- Local writer conferences (I belong to Texas Mountain Trail Writers)
- Neighborhood stores on consignment
- BookZone, an early indy book publishing platform that did charge a small fee.
- Just talking about the books to neighbors
- Local events such as the Fourth of July parade and vendor fair, again paying a small fee to set up a booth.
- “Press releases” in local papers.
Continue reading “Get the Word Out About Your Books? Start with Your Neighbors”